Saturday 14 January 2012

Resolution Activity

Michelle and I have made a resolution to write more regularly on this blog.  So I thought it would only be fitting to do a resolution activity with the kids.

I started by reading them the story Jeremiah Learns to Read by Jo Ellen Bogart.  I love this story and it is a great example of someone working towards a goal.  This led us to our discussion about resolutions.  I also shared this poem with them because it ties in nicely with our focus on poetry this term.
Unfortunately I am not sure of the author of this poem
The kids used scrapbook paper to make their party hat and I used the template found here for the space to write their goals.  The party horns were from Dollarama.  The kids enjoyed the activity and I enjoyed hearing them set goals, many of which I thought were appropriate.






No comments:

Post a Comment