Tuesday 10 April 2012

Blog Neglect and the 100th Day of School

Oh my goodness, there has been nary a blog post in this space since the beginning of March.  We call that total blog neglect.  I have some catching up to do.

In February, yes way back in February we celebrated the hundredth day of school. The kids had a blast celebrating the day and I was happy with the activities.  Over the years, I have simplified one hundred day, but I am still happy with the results.

The kids were greeted with this at their table spots when they arrived in the morning.  I found this adorable idea here.


We made these one hundred hats to celebrate being 100 Days Smarter.



We made Froot Loop necklaces.  This year, to make it easier to keep track, after every ten, we placed a numbered paper on the string.




We have been working on estimating, so one of the stations included some candy filled estimating jars.



We built with one hundred things.


We did a number search, circling numbers that added up to one hundred.



By far the biggest hit of the day was the game, I can find one hundred numbers.  I hid coloured numbers around the room from one to one hundred. Each student was given a hundred chart and a clipboard and they search the room for the numbers and colour them the correct colour.




We ended the day by reflecting on our learning.  This was my favourite part of the day, watching the kids write down the things they have learned in the first one hundred days of school.














No comments:

Post a Comment